My name is Ziv Kitaro.
I worked in the content and startup arena for the past 10 years, holding both executive and creative titles. I lead many game-related projects from concept to launch and guided the day to day operation both in small and large companies.
In addition, I wrote several books, and worked as a journalist for most of the tech and news publications in Israel and for a few over seas.
I am a proud graduate of Dale Carnegie’s Effective Communication course, and I have been giving lectures about personal growth, productivity and on other topics for many years now.
Currently I'm working as an Executive Producer and lead game designer for Plarium Global Ltd. leading one of the mobile game studios.
Read stuff on Twitter￼
Want to know more about what I do?
For the past decade, I have worked with some of the leading companies in Israel, and with many small companies and startups. My principal strength lies in with creating engaging products that utilize the newest technologies. When I work with a team, I try to understand the core of their idea, to break down the story into the principal element and then build on that. Many startups try to achieve too much, and on the way burn their money and waste their time. By focusing on the core, by working on that single thing that is unique, products can become great.
In my career, I worked on many different and interesting products:
- I wrote and published three books: The Complete Guide to the Magical World of The Faery Folks (Hebrew), iPhone One on One (Hebrew), and a user guide to the Internet (Hebrew)
- I consulted to companies like 888 Holdings and Mytopia, Blackjack Unlimited, JamRT, MTV and others
- I worked on a project for Alex Toys on a toy for toddlers
- I worked on an interactive book for "Nekudat Mifne". The book has a unique storytelling mechanic that helps analyzing the kids' choices. Look for The Guardians (English, iTunes link)
- I worked as lead Game Designer at Cedar Design Groups - here we created a digital collectible card game called ELECTROHEX. We also worked on a few other toys and games with major companies in the USA, including the wonderful Alex Toys
- I was the researcher, and creator of the story for the game Adam Syndrome
A few more notable points in my career
- I was the head of the "Game Design Program" in the Midrasha School for Art, Beit Berl Israel
- I owned a chain of fantasy stores. I worked mainly on closing deals with oversea companies and importing goods
- I was the COO and chief game designer at Smite Entertainment
- Graduate of the Dale Carnegie program, and worked as a guide for a couple of years